September 13, 2006

It begins anew!

If you recall my previous entry, Spectacular electronic death, you'll remember my history of, well, spectacular electronic death. You'll also remember the ominous incidents that started occuring with my LCD monitor at work. Today, it begins anew. It's gotten to that time of year where it's cold in the morning, but still hot in the afternoon, so I wear my shorts and keep warm with a fleece jacket.

Now, fleece is notorious for generating static electricity. So am I. The two together is just dangerous... but fleece is sooo soft! Anyway, today I took my jacket off and reached for my monitor's power button. It's good I was watching or I would have missed it. As I neared the button, a white-blue arc of electricity bridged the gap between my thumb and the button! That's never something you want to see with electronics. So far so good, though. No ill effects that I can see.

So now I have to remember again to touch other metal first... weee.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home