September 05, 2006

It's a mirror!

So after a lot of thought and plans to do it, I've finally done it. I washed, claybarred, and waxed my car. First time I've claybarred and waxed any car. For the uninitiated, claybarring involves working a bar of this special type of clay over the surface of the car to remove old wax and any contaminants embedded in the paint/clearcoat surface. This makes for an amazingly smoooooooth surface like you wouldn't believe; much smoother even than when fresh off the car lot. In total working time spent, I put in about six hours this weekend. That includes washing, drying, claying, waxing, and buffing the exterior, as well as cleaning the windows, tires, and interior a little. I even wiped down parts of the engine bay and the exhaust tips. If I had more time, I would have put on a couple more coats of wax...

I'll say this: Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is really easy to use, even by hand, and gives great results!

I'll update this post later with pictures demonstrating the mirror-like qualities of my car.

*** UPDATE ***
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
*** END UPDATE ***


On another subject, my computer is back up and running. I have most of my files restored from my backups and I have the most important programs installed and ready to go. Everything else will come along slowly, but now I can post the rest of the Choose Your Own Adventure story and start writing again... assuming I can find time.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home