February 19, 2007

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

A little late, but I was busy all weekend and spent about five minutes total on a computer. It was a triple-threat weekend, with Chinese New Year, my brother's birthday, and Holly and my anniversary (shy one month ) all falling on Saturday and Sunday. We headed to Vancouver bright and early Saturday morning, after a late Friday night Swing City. The plan in a nutshell was to meet up with my brother and family, celebrate, do some stuff, then rush back on Sunday to teach Swing 3. In theory, sleep was supposed to happen somewhere in there... I'm just not sure where exactly.

Saturday night, we went out for a big dinner for a combination birthday/Chinese New Year celebration. It was a standard Big Chinese Banquet. The restaurant was crazy packed (reservations, of course) with it being Saturday night AND Chinese New Year's eve. We later found out that they wouldn't have taken our reservation had they realized it was for Saturday, not Friday, because of all the other business. Service was slow, as you might expect. It sometimes literally took an hour for the next course to come out. Our reservation was for 5:30PM. We finished eating and left at around 10:30PM. It was almost as slow as Swans service... At least the food was pretty good and the waitstaff and floor manager(?) were always pleasant and accommodating, except for all the waiting. Well, the waiting and the fact that they thought we had already been served one of the courses when we inquired about it.

On a different note, I resurrected a 'tradition' I had of buying VCDs and/or DVDs anytime I went to Vancouver. It's been a few trips since I did, but this time around I came back with 5 VCDs for $22. Not bad, as usual.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home