January 23, 2007

Nothing, really.

Oh, Canada... (Our home and native land, eh.) We make some odd films. Once in awhile, you get an odd film that's also good. Or at least amusing. Or at least Canadian.

Recently I picked up Red Green's Duct Tape Forever for cheap. But that's beside the point. I was going to mention another Canadian film, Nothing. In one of those rare moments, I was in a video store and it looked interesting. I wasn't disappointed. Nothing is co-written and directed by Vincenzo Natali, who also co-wrote and directed Cube. It's about two friends for which everything in life is going wrong. One day, as it all comes crashing down on them, they wish it all away. The problem is, they get their wish. If you get a chance, go check it out.

That is all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 24/1/07 3:40 am, Blogger KaOs said...

Nothing is definitely Natali's best film so far, and certainly one of the most original. Unfortunately, I think most people would just go "huh?" If you are smart enough to get Nothing, rent "Idiocracy". Not as good, but the first 5 minutes are just for you.

-KaOs
(a former fellow Victorian)

 
At 24/1/07 9:10 am, Blogger Swirlie said...

Ooh, an ex-Victorian on another island! I don't think I know you, but I know I've seen your "About Me" quote before... I just can't place it. Anyway, I'm kinda curious how you ended up at my site? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home