January 03, 2007

It's a new year; now what?

Has it been two weeks already since I last posted? *checks watch* Yep.

I got two Christmases this year, as I did an early one with my family and spent the regular one with Holly and her's. I've never had a real Christmas tree (it's fun to assemble things) before, but this year was different. We arrived at Holly's parents' place and went on a tree expedition the next morning. Not only did I get a real Christmas tree, I also got to lug a real Christmas tree. Carrying a 13 foot fir tree 100 feet to the truck and then into the house is not an easy task.

The next day, we hit Mt. Washington for some of that 280cm of base, 25cm of fresh powder, and (morning) sun. Let me tell you, it was good timing, because the next day was cold, dark, snowy, and windy. My car saw real snow for the first time. She handled it well. I didn't do anything stupid, but I did do a bit of playing in the parking lot later. The same can't be said about one Dodge RAM driver on the way up. His truck was rolled on its side, blocking half the road. The driver was fine; the truck not so much.

Christmas (I mean, Holly Birthmas Day) was great.

Boxing Day was spent travelling to Harrison Hot Springs. We caught a ride with Holly's friend that was heading back to work in Chilliwack. We were on schedule for the 3PM sailing, and all things looked good as the signboard read "Light Traffic", but we failed to realize that the people that run that signboard aren't the brightest people. "Light Traffic" is apparently two sailing waits. We got into Harrison a few hours later than originally planned, but that was fine.

Harrison Hot Springs was great. The weather was nice, if a little cold. I'll post some pictures later. The hiking trails are fun. The public pool was your standard pool, only fed and heated by the springs... after filtering to get the sulfur out. After all the filtering, it wasn't really anything special except that it was nicely warmed and it supposedly had a bunch of minerals suspended in the waters. The side-by-side couples massage was amazing! It was my first professional massage and omfg! Dinner afterwards was great. We stayed in a kottage nearby (just about everything is nearby) that had a great feel to it, complete with firestove, loft, and Christmas tree. I'd likely go again.

New Years Eve we drove back home and a couple hours later we hit Chris' New Years party. Fireworks and fire-breathing. Good stuff.

And back to work. This is already my second day. At least it's only a four day week and I don't have any real nighttime obligations yet.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home