December 20, 2006

Things are a-rollin'!

When did that happen? As you may know, I've always had a plan to get my Masters after graduating. Well, I originally had a plan to keep going to a PhD, but that's fallen to the wayside. I might still, but no plans for it. Anyway, plans evolve and going into grad school immediately after getting my BSc never happened. It's now been (holy crap!) three full years since my Convocation.

After the first year, I still had the intention of going to grad school. Two years, same. Three years later, the ball is actually rolling. I spoke again with my boss about it (he's still an adjunct professor at UVic). He went on a little fact finding mission for me and came back with some information and a contact for me to follow up on; which means I can't put it off any more.

That was late last week. I just called (and left a message) for the contact, so now I play the waiting game. To make things more interesting (or at least, to help with me putting things off), I'm leaving town for holidays tomorrow, which is why I really want to speak with the contact first. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say. Get the bug in her ear first, then pick it back up after the break.

I don't know why, but Rawhide by Johnny Cash just popped into my head...

Mixed metaphors be damned!

That is all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 21/12/06 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Wayne! Go kick some academic ass!

 
At 27/12/06 10:11 pm, Blogger Vilas said...

Congrats. Enjoy four more years of blood, sweat and misery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home