June 05, 2006

Can I have a do-over?

The weekend wasn't too bad, despite getting sick. I started getting a sore throat late Friday and it only got worse from there. Here I am, at work on a Monday, with a full blown cold/flu/black plague.

Saturday, I met Holly's mom (Patti. I think that's how it's spelled, after surreptitiously spying it written down...), brother (Marty), and aunt for the first time; after meeting her dad (Craig) last weekend. Her mom was away last weekend, and her brother and aunt both live in town. Despite the growing soreness in my throat, the slight nausea, and the uneasy stomach, I soldiered on. Holly's mom dropped by Holly's, with Skye in tow, and we made our way to the De Dutch down the street for breakfast/lunch. Well, we made our way there after dropping off Skye at her aunt's place nearby. After Patti, Marty, Holly, and I (De) Dutchified, we picked up Skye and headed off to Butchart Gardens. Oh yeah, by this point, I had added a pulsing (every 20 seconds or so) headache that felt like a vein in the back of my head was trying its darndest to escape the confines of my skull. Yeah. So anyway, we took a nice stroll through the Gardens. On the way out, we stopped for gelato and sat down on the grass for awhile. We headed back and Holly and I took a short nap before she went off to dinner with her mom. I headed home here as things were getting worse. Time to cut my losses.
On the phone later, Holly told me that her mom and aunt both liked me, so things went well.

Sunday, I was still feeling like crap, but less crap-like. I sat out and watched Balboa class, which was a little tough to do. We were doing bal-swing, which is so much fun. At team practice, we were talking about updates to the website, including adding our bios to the Dancers page. Instead of writing our own bios, we're going to be writing each others. I get to write Sara's, by virtue of being on her right side. Well, officially, it was her being on my left side, with how it was decided who would write whom's. (<--- I *think* that's grammatically correct.) All I can say is, "Good luck, Sara". I think Carolyn's going to be writing mine. According to my under-developed (or over-exposed?) photographic memory, the writer/vict.. errr.. writer/subject pairings go something like the following:
- me -> Sara
- Sara -> Angela
- Angela -> Rajeev
- Rajeev -> Christabel
- Christabel -> sav
- sav -> Chris
- Chris -> David
- David -> Tina
- Tina -> Carolyn
- Carolyn -> me
This is going to be interesting.

That is all.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5/6/06 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're definately liked by my family :) Especially by me! ...Skye seems pretty fond of you, but I think I still like you most :p

 
At 5/6/06 6:19 pm, Blogger Swirlie said...

Hooray! :D

 
At 6/6/06 12:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading the bios:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home