May 29, 2006

Lesbian polyamourism

I had an interesting and very tiring weekend. I'm too tired to write a long intro, so I'll get right into it.

Friday.
Swing City was pretty standard stuff. I did have one very interesting conversation, though. From it, we finally managed to categorize Sara properly. She is now a 'lesbian polyamourist'. How did the explanation go? It starts back with the story of her mom, aunt, and I'm sure somebody else, not-so-subtly trying to convince Sara to become a lesbian. (You'll have to get that story from her.) From there, we have Sara being fed up with men and deciding to just date herself. Throw in her multiple personalities and she becomes the lesbian polyamourist we all know and love. With her love of eating knickers and now her lesbian polyamourism, I'm starting to think that Sara is a little weird...

Saturday.
Holly, sav, Christabel, Grabriel, and I take a little roadtrip up to Courtenay. Sav and Christabel are going up to teach a workshop, organized by Holly... but not my Holly. A different Holly... also from Courtenay. At one point, sav asked me if I was going to be staying with Holly or Holly. "Yes." Confusion aside, let's move on. Gabriel was going up to attend the workshop. Holly was going up to visit her dad (mom was in Squamish for a conference) and animals. I was going up to meet Holly's dad, animals, and also to help with the workshop and the dance after.
The workshop went pretty well, I think. The attendees all got the gist of what was taught, but with all the normal problems that most first-time lindyers have. The dance afterwards was pretty small, but fun.
I got to meet Holly's dad briefly before the workshop, then again after the dance. He seemed like a really nice guy. He's in construction and can do some pretty cool things with his drywall stilts, like a bit of silk-rope and giant ring acrobatics. I also got to meet her dog (Skye) and one of her cats (Nelly). I received a rather wet, slobbery greeting from Skye. Well, not so much slobbery, but wet, at least.

Sunday.
After breakfast, Holly showed me around a little before going to see her horse, Dino. I watched on as she lunged her horse. After the lunging, she rode bareback for a bit, while I communed with her ass... errr, donkey. Such a nice ass! These pictures were taken with my phone.

Around 1PM, Holly (the other Holly) dropped off sav, Christabel, and Gabriel and we made our way back home. A short one hour rest, and we were back out for Bal class, then the team potluck. The potluck was great fun, as always.

It was a great weekend, but a loooong one... and yet it was too short. I know this entry is rather jerky and all over the place, but I'm tired. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
One more item; Tyler is one month old tomorrow!! One month already!

Ok, I'm done. I'll leave you with a picture of Rajeev's door.

That is all.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 30/5/06 10:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we were American we would have had Monday off as well (Memorial Day weekend), but we wouldn't have had the previous long weekend...so I guess there are trade offs.

Happy 1 month Birthday to Tyler!

 
At 30/5/06 11:53 am, Blogger Swirlie said...

It seems like it was just yesterday that Tyler was only 29 days old. :-P They grow up so fast.

 
At 1/6/06 9:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that "the knicker" is a swing aerial, and the context of the comment revolved around the number of swing aerials with edible names (pancake, crepe, popcorn drop, etc). There was a brain fart and the results can now be seen on Wayne's journal.

~Sara

 
At 1/6/06 11:25 am, Blogger Swirlie said...

If you want to know the full story, read Dancing makes me hungry.

 
At 1/6/06 2:40 pm, Blogger erik said...

Ask and yee shall receive... thaks for the photos slush... cool pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home