May 18, 2006

[MSN Spaces] First dates?

Awhile back, I gave Chelsea a ride to the Red Jacket after Swing City. There was a Rotaract Fundraiser thing happening that Holly had helped organize/run. On the way, we started talking and she asked me how long Holly and I had been going out. Standard question. I gave my standard response.... *pause for thought*. "Ummmm..." I asked Chelsea how she would define when a relationship started. Her thoughts were to go by either the first date or first kiss. That doesn't always help, though, since those two do not necessarily fall on the same day. This came up again in conversation last night while on the phone with Holly. It brings up a good question: How would YOU define the start of a relationship?

*** WARNING
*** Skip the rest of this if you don't want to read
*** about the origins of Holly and me.

As for Holly and me, our first 'official' date and first kiss did happen on the same day, so that made it a little easier. With my obsessive/compulsive side, I decided to look into when that date actually happened. It wasn't written in my calendar, but after a bit of thought, there were a couple events that I could pin it against. (If you ask me about a date in my life, my best bet is to pin it against a major event in my life and work from there. Things like high school grad, university grad, birth, etc.) This one was fairly easy. It was the day after the Swing City that was on St. Patrick's Day. So, Saturday March 18, 2006. As it turns out, that was also Holly's dad's birthday.

As for the date itself, I won't tell you much, except that it started off with the stereotypical 'going out to see a movie'... albeit a matinee. Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I highly recommend it. It's also a great date movie, as my friend Nigel noted. It has romance, comedy, some action, and lots and lots and lots of cute bunnies!

About a month before this, I had invited Holly to a party at Chris' house (the Olympics party for those that attended). Personally, I don't really consider things like that to be 'date' dates... it just doesn't have the right feel. And because of that, when I invited her, I didn't have the full mindset of 'asking her out'.

So what was the point of all this? That Holly and I have been going out for two months to the day. In fact, our first date started at about this time, too!

*** END WARNING
*** You may now return to your regularly scheduled blissful ignorance.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home