April 26, 2006

[MSN Spaces] Ripped abs and all.

So, when I originally set out to write this blog, like Chris, I didn't want my entries to degenerate into the whiny, emo, 'I feel so sad, I could cut myself' type of entries you see so often. Well, I should amend that. When I ORIGINALLY set out to write this blog, I had the intention of not writing this blog (as noted in my first entry)... but even *I* didn't believe what I wrote there. I'm glad I didn't, because I now have a nice (albeit small) readership and it gives me a chance to do some writing that I can actually enjoy. So, when I originally (the second time) set out to write this blog, I wanted more of the content to be humorous articles (a la "...it's just a series of consecutive flings...") rather than 'look at what I did' journal entries. Things change, and most of the content so far has tended toward journal entries... I think it's gone over well with my audience even still, since I've managed to keep them humorous. I want to have more non-journal type entries, but my ultimate goal is still just to keep this place fun and entertaining.
So what's the point of this entry? Not much really. But to further my goal of humorous writing, I present to you the following:

There are many times when a simple decision (or a series of) can make such a positive impact on your life. For me, learning how to dance, and more importantly, deciding to tryout for the swing team I'm on were two such decisions. I seem to have two modes for making decisions: on-a-whim and think-it-to-death. No, that's not true; I have three modes: on-a-whim, think-it-to-death, and implant-an-idea-in-my-head-and-let-it-fester. Learning how to dance was on-a-whim. Trying out for the team was implant-an-idea-in-my-head-and-let-it-fester. I have to thank Emily (briefly a member in the first days) for implanting the idea.
I think I'm starting to stray from the topic...
Anyway, for anybody that didn't know me before dancing, I was your typical computer geek, complete with lack of muscles. About a year and a half of being on a swing team, that's changed nicely. Lots of dancing and lifting girls will do that. I'm rather pleased with the tone and definition I'm getting. All I need now is added mass and I'm good. To illustrate the point, I have put together my Before and After picture below:

* The author may not be exactly as shown.

I think you would agree with me that the After is a nice improvement.

That is all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 25/5/06 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic doesn't do justice to your ripped abs.

 
At 25/5/06 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

W00t! I'm glad I helped motivate you to keep writing. I read pretty much every post over RSS which is stuck to my http://live.com page. And if you haven't checked out this eagle cam take a look, eggs should hatch soon: http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/default.asp

That is all. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home