April 02, 2006

[MSN Spaces] "Now that's what I call a weekend."

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

Oh to be back in high school... Oh wait, nevermind.
Funny incident last night. I head out to dinner with Holly and a couple of her friends... a couple couple. Some rather amusing conversations during that, but I won't get into it here. So after dinner, Holly and I head up to Mt. Doug for a little conversation and the view. (What did I say about not reading further into things? Get your mind out of there, it was all very tame, I assure you.) The sky cleared up a bit, so we could see the city below and a few constellations above. Throw in a lovely waxing crescent moon (and a beautiful girl!) and you get a very romantic scene. I had my fleece blanket thrown about our shoulders, but that only does so much, so after a bit we head back to my car. (Read my above parenthetical comment.) We're lounging under the blanket in my car, and since it's a cold night, the windows start fogging up. (You know the drill.) People come and go; nothing unusual.
Then one car pulls up. Country music starts blaring out of the stereo and a few drunken high schoolers start singing and being 'rowdy'. Still, nothing unusual, but it was all rather amusing. Sooo, dinner and a show! Another car shows up and they start playing music. Better music... at least some of the time. The Spice Girls is *NOT* better music. They keep this up for awhile and eventually leave. Holly and I hung around for a little longer, but soon took our leave, too. It was all very funny.
Oh yes, to be back in high school...


Ooooh, I almost forgot!! We went out to dinner at Moxies and Holly was having a little trouble deciding what to have. I pointed at a random item and that was what she actually ended up getting. VICTORY FOR THE RANDOM POINTING!!
Anyway, I also joked about ordering off the Kid's Menu. Looking at the Kid's Menu, I noticed that the items came with a dessert: The Volcano! We finish up dinner and the waitress asks if anybody wants dessert. Holly and I get a dessert menu and are trying to decide what to have, as the waitress comes back. "What's The Volcano?" Turns out it's ice cream with caramel, strawberry, or chocolate inside and over the top, so it "erupts" as you eat it. So we end up getting that. As to whether we want caramel, strawberry, or chocolate... my answer was "We should get all four!". Four? The waitress replied that she could put something else on it, like blue cheese. It's a good thing that didn't happen! We left the waitress with the order of "surprise us". Twas a good surprise. She mixed all three (sadly, only three, not four).
But that wasn't the coolest part. The dessert came in a special bowl with an outer chamber with some dry ice in it. She sets it down on the table and pours water into the chamber and the smoke/fog starts pouring out everywhere. Pretty damn cool!
So yeah, next time you're at Moxies, get The Volcano. Or 'The Volcanoe' as the bill said.

That is all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 25/5/06 1:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might have to go to Moxie's just for The Volcanoe. It sounds AWESOME. But it had better be the chocolate one. Mmm... chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home