April 20, 2006

[MSN Spaces] Confused? Me?

It's a good thing I have a girlfriend, or else I'd be having an identity crisis right now.

For the random visitors that read this (welcome!), I'm on a swing dance team. We've had a few auditions recently, and because of people not showing up for various reasons, for a couple auditions we've been short follows. So I've been a follow for two auditions recently. Well, three auditions, but the first one was early last year. I keep getting called upon to follow since I'm probably the best follow out of our leads. Yep, good thing I have a girlfriend.

Hehe, I jest. Following is fun and helps my leading. In classes, I've popped in as a follow when the opportunity arises. It's also really fun to see the reactions of all the people not expecting it. Some guys are just so very uncomfortable with the situation, while others go with it and have a ton of fun! You can have some very entertaining dances that way!

So anyway, in this latest audition, we did one aerial called 'the knicker'. As a poor first-pass description, the follow does a back-flip with assistance from the lead. I quickly drew up the image below. Hopefully it gives you a good idea of what the knicker looks like.


I'd just like to say that OMFG the knicker is so much fun! I've only ever done it as a lead... until now. I repeat; OMFG it is so much fun!!

That is all.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 25/5/06 3:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's freaking awesome wayne :P Yay for flying!!!

 
At 25/5/06 3:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops probably should have indicated who was doing the writing (Amanda)

 
At 25/5/06 3:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But...I've been learning to lead... :)

 
At 25/5/06 3:17 pm, Blogger Swirlie said...

Holly: Sure, but you haven't even led me yet!

Amanda: Hooray, another confirmed reader. You people need to comment more! (Did I just ask for it?)
Hehe, 'flying' is right! Especially when I weigh next to nothing and can jump pretty decently. Then add in working with Chris who's got some nice power behind him... Flight time is gooooood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home