April 07, 2006

[MSN Spaces] Another day, another team practice, another attempt by Sara to break me.

I've lost track how many times she's tried to break me. That's why I love you, Sara. You just never give up.
Anyway, this time around, we had broken up into groups and were doing free-form aerials. When doing free-form aerials, usually two people do some random and crazy shit (as long as somebody is off the floor and preferably upside down) while another spots. So I pick up Sara, throw her over my shoulder and to my back. I swing her around a bit so I can grab her with my left arm and then swing her legs around to the front, back on her feet. Then, as she is wont to do, she jumps up and wraps her legs around my waist. Now, I've gotten used to this and can catch her without thinking or being given time to react (she never does). So I caught her. Only bad thing was, I was a little off-balance from swinging her around, and so we went down. My left foot ended up on the outside of my body, knee in, and Sara on top. Not the most comfortable of positions. Tweaked my left knee a little, but aside from a minor bruise, it's all good.
Well, even if I had been injured, I'd still have some things to look forward to, at least. You can read as much into that one as you want.

CORBA!!
Vilas or Reed, if you're out there and reading this, I didn't mean to scare you. But SAVE YOURSELVES! SAVE YOURSELVES WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
I should explain. CORBA is evil. I won't go into the details of what it is, but trust me, it's evil. Vilas, Reed, and I went through a horrific battle with CORBA in a Software Engineering course at UVic. Whatever happens, we'll always have the battle scars as a common bond. That and Resident Evil... but that's another story. Oh, and "Spiderman Will Make You Gay". Yeah, don't ask.
So then, why did I dredge it back up from the abyss into which I had fought so hard to banish it? I'm working on a project at work where we're modifying an existing body of code... that uses CORBA. Yeah, kill me, kill me now. I have a feeling that I'm going to have flashbacks and nightmares this weekend...

Speaking of this weekend... I'm going snowboarding on Saturday! This Saturday also happens to be when the Save-On-Foods Dummy Downhill is happening on Mt. Washington! w00t! Imagine "dummies" (up to 200lbs!) on skis and snowboards being sent down a run towards a very large ramp at the bottom. Now imagine how fun it is to watch as these things soar through the air toward impending spectacular doom, destruction, and death. THAT's the Dummy Downhill! A couple highlights from previous years were the cube freezer on skis (seriously, that thing FLEW) and the man on the toilet (porcelain shatters rather nicely).
Holly awaits, after that, so the CORBA flashbacks and nightmares should be tempered luckily.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home