March 28, 2007

Claim update

At least the process has been fairly painless so far. I called in a Hit & Run claim to ICBC, then another one to my private insurance. After an assessment appointment this morning (in which I was in and out before my actual appointment time!), I have a written estimate for $764.59 to repair and repaint the bumper, replace the grill moulding, replace the license plate frame, etc. ICBC has a $750(!!) Hit & Run deductible. Luckily my private insurance 'only' has a $300 deductible, so I'm going to be out $300 because some punk decided to back into my car and leave like a bastard. Gotta love that... Anyway, I'm contemplating doing a tint job at the same time, since my car's going to be in the shop for a couple days anyway, according to the ICBC estimate.

The ICBC Claim Centre I went to is pretty funky. You drive up a ramp to a giant garage door, which opens automatically. You then pull in to the stop light and wait for reception. The inside of the building is relatively long and narrow with a really high ceiling. There's a straight through lane, with about ten slanted-parking-style stations where an adjuster will look at your car. Each one also has an interview room if more information is needed. When you're done, you pull out and head down the through lane to the exit, which is another giant garage door. Pull up, it opens, and off you go down the exit ramp.

That is all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home