July 22, 2006

GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!

Current London time: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 10:54PM.

By the time you read this, you'll probably have heard that Italy is the new World Cup Champion. However, I'm writing this about two hours after the game... and not the week or two after when I publish.

So, I'm in London. So far I've just been wandering around the city, for the most part. I like doing that. It's fun exploring a new place with no real destination, just going where your fancy leads. It's a good thing I have a good sense of direction, so I didn't get lost (without looking at a map or asking for directions). The only non-wandering I've done was to head to the British Museum. Surprisingly, it's free. It's a large museum with a lot of great exhibits. After the museum in the morning, I stumbled upon Chinatown after a lot of wandering. That was unexpected. It's near the West End of London.

There's something I really don't like about London, though. That's all the smoking. Especially since smoking is allowed inside pubs and restaurants. That just isn't right. Watching the football (soccer) match in the pub and then having dinner, I could feel my life shortening. Ugh. Stupid smokers. If you're a smoker and I've just offended you... good! That's only a tiny tiny payback for you killing me.

That is all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home