June 13, 2006

Me: 1, Swing 1: 0

So last night was our last class of Swing 1 and I survived in one piece and not dead... despite the best efforts of Steve and Greg last week. Both Steve and Greg chased me around the studio doing skip-ups, with wild, menacing looks in their eyes. It was truly frightening! Or hilarious. Either way.

Overall, I think the class went well. Good job, Sara! It was interesting taking the lead for the first time. I taught with Carolyn the last two semesters/sessions at UVic, and she usually did more of the talking, though that sort of reversed during the last session. In the last couple weeks this session, I was prompting Sara to speak more, partly to save my voice or prevent it from dying all together thanks to a stupid cold/flu/black plague (Sara's words). It was good; we got through all the material, but I definitely need to work on my crowd control and pacing. We were consistently running late/behind after the first couple classes... though, it really didn't help that the (*ahem*) woman in the studio before us never finished her stuff on time. There were times when she would try to extend past her time by at least 15-20 minutes. "Other people pay for the studio space, too. Get the *BEEP* out!" Grrrr. People are inconsiderate.

In other news, I now have my plane tickets! It seems weird to think that I'm flying out in less than three weeks! Mid-afternoon on June 30th, I'll be on a plane to Vancouver, then to London, then to Stockholm. After a week in Herräng, I'll be on a short flight back to London. A few days in London, I'll be making my way towards Paris for a couple days. Then a short flight back to London (London, again?), a long 9.5 hour flight to Vancouver, and finally a short hop back home! In all, I'll see Heathrow three times... spending about half a day there. And an interesting coincidence, my travel agent will be in Heathrow on her way home to Victoria at the same time I will be. She'll be on a different flight, though, I believe. Another interesting coincidence, my coworker will also be in Heathrow at the same time. Not just Heathrow... we're on the same British Airways flight to Vancouver!

Some more ne... Wait... 2.5 weeks?!?! Holy crap! When did it get that close?!

That is all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 14/6/06 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job to you, too, Wayne! I'm so grateful I had you there to depend on. I agree with your assessment of the session; all in all, it was pretty good (and I think we got better as things went along, black plague week aside), but the crowd control did get to be an issue. It's a lesson for next time. And I think the last class was great.

 
At 14/6/06 4:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kinda really glad you made it through alive :) The in one peice part is nice too :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home