July 28, 2006

Confused? Aran?

Subtitle: "OMG! It's a Wiener Lassie!"

Wiener Lassie! The other night, Holly and I were at Butchart Gardens taking a nice stroll. The Gardens had been 'officially' closed for about 40 minutes or so, but we weren't in any hurry. We meandered our way to the main entry courtyard where the info building and gift shops are located. I noticed something up ahead and said to Holly, "OMG! It's a Wiener Lassie!" Needless to say, she was a little confused. I pointed at the dog and it all made sense. It looked like this dog was a cross between a Daschund (the 'wiener dog') and a Rough Collie (Lassie). It was Lassie in wiener dog form!


On a completely different topic, I have another guest entry. This entry is brought to you by Aran. Apparently, this happened to him last week. (I think he may have missed a dose...)



This could not have gone more wrong.

Yesterday evening, by the fireplace in her deceased Uncle's mansion, I proposed to her. Lindsay cried, saying she could not possibly wed and impose upon me her terrible debts, but I consoled her and vowed to take care of her affairs. We consummated our love in the master bedroom and settled down to, I thought, a blissful sleep.

I was roused during the night to the sounds of scratching or pawing downstairs, as if the cats were fighting. Curious, I kissed Lindsay on the cheek as I stood up, fastened on my robe, and crept down the spiral staircase to the atrium. Now, I write this here with trembling hands, for what I saw down there was no cat, mouse, nor anything remotely of this Earth. Perhaps it was a retarded vagrant, having crept in through a window seeking warmth from the night. But this I swear, that small shape changed form in front of me, taking the likeness of a towering, many-eyed daemon with a rotting child's head for a face, a black monstrosity the likes of which I never hope to see again.

The abhorrence leered towards me and let out a terrible bellow that shook the roof, but I could only open and close my mouth fruitlessly. Ashamedly, I soiled myself at that moment. The nightmare shambled towards me, and, by the grace of god, the survival instinct flooded my veins with fire and I fled up the stairs. Lindsay was already up, staring wide-eyed at me in shock. Screaming, I shoved her into the room and we hid under the bed.

Though we could not see it, we heard the dark horror lumber up the stairs, it's claws scraping the brass balustrade. Trembling, we awaited our fate.

It was then that I believe I passed out. I awoke in the morning naked in my bed in the residency of the UVic. When I went to Lindsay's house, it was gone. And I swear this, there were ancient trees growing where it once stood, as if it was never there.



That is all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home